Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Paintings of Hindu Gods

These are the next 3 paintings in the series of paintings of Hindu Gods that I am currently doing.

Lord Shiva
Shiva resembles 'Tapa' (Penance). I am happy with the final result I have been able to create. The tiger skin was a very interesting feature to paint and it included the use of a variety of brushes, some of which I had to design myself. I opted to let the eyes be closed. The 'Naja' (cobra snake) and the 'Third eye of Shankar' are other interesting features I wanted to work more upon, but due to time constraints, I could come up with as much as I have.
Hindu God: Shiva



Lord Brahma
I am proud that I could bring such realistic image into the painting within 2 days. The background seems to have merged so well with the deity and also the color combination of the attire and ornaments seems to have worked out well. In the series of paintings I am doing, I would rate this as the best so far.

Hidu God: Brahma


Devi Lakshmi
Devi Lakshmi, the Goddess of wealth. Ofcourse, there had to be lot of wealth and opulence in the image. Most of the images/paintings of Goddess Lakshmi are pretty similar and I wanted to come up with a different one, especially the face.

Goddess Lakshmi, the deity of wealth

No comments:

Post a Comment